In order to change the Ceptah Bridge project settings, select JIRA > Project Settings
in the Microsoft Project menu.
- The project settings window will be displayed.
Enter the mappings that reflect your synchronization
policy on the first six tabs – Basic
, Custom Fields
. Each mapping between an issue
field and task field is represented by a row in a table on the form. The row
can contain the following elements (but not necessarily all of them):
- The name of the JIRA field being mapped.
- A check box to enable or disable the mapping.
- A button to specify the direction of synchronization or just a sign of direction if the direction cannot be changed. In the former case, pressing the button changes the direction.
- A field for a default value that should be used to populate the issue attribute being mapped when creating new issues or when synchronizing an existing issue and the respective value cannot be retrieved for the linked task.
- A set of elements (or just a field) to specify the
task field to map the issue field to. Where applicable, you can select the
MS Project field names from a drop-down list or type them in. The list
includes the most reasonable options for the particular mapping. Note that
some fields may not work for the mapping due to the type incompatibility or the nature of the field in Microsoft Project.
You can find a detailed description of the mappings and how they affect synchronization in one of the sub-chapters of this chapter.
- If you want to synchronize the project with a JIRA server
different from the one specified in the general connection settings, switch to the
last tab JIRA Connection .
The settings can be saved to or load from a
file. This can be used to transfer settings between different projects, as well
as for preparing a settings file for the command-line synchronization tool.
Click the Load
File button in the toolbar to load settings from an XML file saved
Click the Save
File button in the toolbar to save the settings into an XML file. The
file can be loaded later into another project or used with the command-line
utility. You will be prompted to select a location and a name for the file to
save the settings.
lists that were used to populate drop-down boxes and other fields can be reloaded using the Reload
JIRA Lookups button.
Copyright 2013 Ceptah Solutions